Life — and improving your health, fitness, and nutrition — is about trade-offs.
In order to say “yes” to something, we have to say “no” to something else. And vice versa.
- Saying “yes” to an extra 30 minutes of sleep might mean saying “no” to a half-hour of late-night television.
- Saying “yes” to a daily exercise session might mean saying “no” to an hour of Facebook.
- Saying “yes” to some specific nutrition habits might mean saying “no” to following some other “diet guru” advice.
- Saying “yes” to “one day at a time” might mean saying no to “wondering and worrying” about the future.
What are you willing to trade?
You only have limited time, resources, energy, and brain space.
What are you prepared to trade off to get leaner, fitter, and/or healthier?
- What are you prepared to say “yes” to?
- What are you prepared to say “no” to?
- Out of all the things you want to accomplish, which do you want to do first?
- What will you have to stop doing in order to start doing wholeheartedly?
There are no right or wrong answers.
Just choices and compromises.
It’s your call. YOU decide.