Enjoy the freedom of 80% full
This will feel weird — maybe even unsettling — at first.
Most of us have un-learned the instinctive appetite signals we had as babies. And we might feel like OMG! I’ll never get more food if I stop now!
Be patient with yourself.
Eventually using your physical appetite cues to get to 80% full will start to feel awesome.
You’ll finish every meal feeling leaner and lighter, instead of bogged down, burpy, and bloated.
And you’ll love the freedom this gives you.
Because now YOUR body is the boss. YOU are in control.
You won’t need a food scale, measuring cups, calculator, calorie counter, or any strict “food rules”. You’ll have your body and your own awareness.
80% full overrides everything else
Eating slowly, to 80% full, is an important habit.
- At 80% full before you finish your veggies? Fine. Stop eating.
- Not physically hungry even after 4 hours of not eating? Fine. Wait until you’re hungry.
- Halfway through your protein when 80% strikes? Fine. You’re done. That’s why Tupperware was invented.
Get the idea? Slow eating, 80% full, and most importantly, eating according to your physical hunger cues, overrides everything else.
When in doubt, use this mantra: Feeling, not formula.
- Eat when you feel physically hungry.
- Stop when you feel 80% full.
- Forget about any other “rules”.
And remember: No matter where you are, if you’re ever feeling overwhelmed or off-track, you can always come back to these two basic “super-habits”: Eating slowly, and eating to 80% full.