Friends and Family Day 8/13 Saturday!
Bring in a buddy or two for a free class at 8am or 9am CrossFit! (no sign up required)
Ashley Beaver made this cruciferous veggie a summer staple with her recipe for roasted cauliflower with pomegranate and bacon. This salty/sweet combo served over kale is our favorite way to season this popular vegetable right now.
For more delicious recipes from Ashley, check out her blog.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 6 pieces of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/3 c pomegranate seeds
- 2 c baby kale
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
Directions for Cauliflower Salad
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Trim the stem and leaves from the bottom of the cauliflower and place the whole cauliflower in a deep dish or skillet.
- Drizzle the olive oil all over the cauliflower and rub it in with your hands.
- Season with salt and cover with foil or a lid.
- Cook for 45 minutes, then remove the lid and cook for another 45 minutes.
- While the cauliflower cooks, add all of the dressing ingredients to a bowl and whisk together.
- Pour the dressing over the whole cauliflower and let it soak in for a few minutes.
- Add the cauliflower to a large bowl and cut into florets. Mix together with the bacon, pomegranate seeds and baby kale.
Workouts for Week 08.08.16
Monday: Back Squat; Pull Up; Deadlifts / Kettlebell Swings / Wall Balls
Tuesday: Push Press; Push Jerk; Thrusters / Pull Ups Burpees
Wednesday: Farmer Carry / Run / Double Under; Wall Walk / Pistols / Toes to Bar / Pull Ups / Box Jumps
Thursday: Power Clean; Front Squat; “Elizabeth”
Friday: Run / Power Snatch / Clean and Jerk / Overhead Squats / Thrusters
Saturday: Row / Wall Balls / Run / Kettlebell Swings / Squats / Burpees