LABOR DAY Schedule: Monday, Sept. 5th only one CF Class at 9am.
Who doesn’t love a decadent dairy free ice cream recipe that you can make without an ice cream maker? This simple recipe is paleo and comes together with just five ingredients. The best part is you don’t need an ice-cream machine with this simple no-churn method. Whipped coconut cream with tapioca flour makes the perfect base for creamy, dreamy ice cream. Using organic full-fat coconut cream without additives and preservatives is the secret for a fluffy base. I recommend Trader Joe’s coconut cream for best results.
The result is an amazingly versatile ice cream base, which can be tweaked however you desire. Add in nuts, cacao nibs, coconut flakes or chocolate chips for texture or pureed fruits for flavor. The hardest part is the waiting for it to freeze.
Dairy Free Ice Cream Recipe
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Freeze time: 4 hours
- 1 14-ounce can (414 ml) full-fat coconut cream chilled overnight (I used Trader Joe’s)
- 4 tsp tapioca flour (can sub for arrowroot flour)
- 1 Tbsp coconut flower nectar (can sub for maple or rice malt syrup)
- 2 Tbsp date paste
- 2 tsp vanilla bean powder
- Optional: 1/2 cup toasted nuts (I used walnuts and almonds)
- Chill coconut cream and mixing bowl in the refrigerator overnight or in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Once chilled, place coconut cream in your chilled mixing bowl and beat for 1 minute with a hand-held mixer until creamy.
- Then add vanilla, tapioca flour and coconut syrup and mix until creamy and smooth – about 3-5 minutes. Taste and adjust sweetness as needed.
- Transfer the mixture to an 8″(20cm) lined square baking dish and gently fold in the nuts and date paste.
- Wrap baking dish with plastic wrap. Press down to keep crystals from forming. Freeze for about 4 hours.
- Allow ice cream to thaw a littlebit before scooping and serving.
- Serve with toasted nuts, chocolate drizzle or fresh fruit.
Workouts for Week 08.22.16
Monday: Front Squats / Dumbbell Rows; Squat Cleans / Box Jumps
Tuesday: Power Snatch; Run / Shoulder to Overhead
Wednesday: Bench Press / Sit Ups; Deadlifts / Push Ups / Run
Thursday: Handstand Push Ups / Wall Walks / Muscle Ups; Pull Ups / Ground to Overhead / Double Unders
Friday: Reverse Lunges / Bent Over Rows; Kettlebell Swings / Box Jumps
Saturday: Dips / Sit Ups; Wall Balls / Run